Saturday, November 24, 2007

Rhinestone Wreath DIY Instructions by Debbie Del Rosario


See Original Article and Larger Photos of this Wreath at
Many Shades of Shabby by Devonia

One of the most exciting details I learned from Debbie about her gorgeous rhinestone wreath was:

"Not one piece has been ruined in any way. Some of those pieces belonged to my mother and I would never do anything to hurt them. Each piece still has its original pin, clasp or clip and was put on a plain styrofoam donut covered with silver ribbon and sprinkled with silver dust. They were applied with E6000 glue, which I have used numerous times; and, they can be popped off at any time with no damage to the piece. I have actually removed some of them and worn them and put it back when I was done."

What better means to display a collection of antique or vintage or heirloom jewelry? I can't imagine anything more treasured than a wreath covered with heirloom pieces suspended over the edge of a vanity mirror. This is truly a special way to keep memories alive. Thank you for sharing, Debbie.

No comments: